spider lift forum ??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rental

Where did everyone go from the spider forum why is it shut down?
I rent my machine with operator for 1500 a day, if its someone I know with multiple days then its a good deal. You earn 3000 a day for your machine and operator john! Good deal you should buy another and rent it, probably pay off pretty quick.

Let's all try to buy stuff that is American made. Like my trusty bucket trucks. Screw Europe and their Euro.

Thats right, and if you cant get an american made bucket to it, or send up a qualified amercan tree climber, pack up your panties and get a lawn mowing gig or something. I'm so sick of all these ##### tree wannabees that wont even consider climbing, I was just saying that there should be a test for tree service owners just starting thier biz, they ought to have to climb and safely takedown a big a$$ed tree-with obstacles, or pack it in, cant tie a running bowline..no tree service for you. Period.

Thanks Jason!! No I didnt take the Line clearance job....funny I had to think hard about it, passing up a steady 40 hr week & decent money was tough but I thought this economy was goona go bust!!

Im very thankful for my area providing work!!! Im thinkin hard about a new lift & nifty is at the top!!

Take care Be Safe

LXT..............
LXT, I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you as well-F line trimming. Things are good here now too, have been sinse mid march-as always its like a light switch, be safe man.

Where did everyone go from the spider forum why is it shut down?
I rent my machine with operator for 1500 a day, if its someone I know with multiple days then its a good deal. You earn 3000 a day for your machine and operator john! Good deal you should buy another and rent it, probably pay off pretty quick.

yes. this time a year. Thats with one crew of 5, loader, chipper, stumper, trucks etc.. We normally do less(per crew) with the bucket truck and climbing crew. Monday I have a $3600 job with the spider. Should be done in about 8hrs(including 1hr lunch break) and I'll have 7 guys there. How can I do this and still be competively priced? Everyone else bid this job as climbing only and taking two days. No bucket access. Climbing only, until the customer was referred to the most advanced tree service in the county;)

I am planning on buying another spider, just waiting for the euro dollar to balance with US dollar. Can't see paying another $40,000 more than I did. If I didn't already have one spider, I might.

And Tree MDS, call me a tree wannabe if you'd like, but I climb, run a spider, a bucket and can bet you will run circles around just about anyone, because I pack more tools and know how to use them for optimum production. Do you say mechanics are wannabe's because they no longer put lugnuts on with a wrench, but instead use an air gun? The goal to being in business is profit. Doesn't matter how you get your profit. Long as you are practicing honest clean arboriculture and the more efficiently you do this, the more sucessful you will be.

climbing

yes. this time a year. Thats with one crew of 5, loader, chipper, stumper, trucks etc.. We normally do less(per crew) with the bucket truck and climbing crew. Monday I have a $3600 job with the spider. Should be done in about 8hrs(including 1hr lunch break) and I'll have 7 guys there. How can I do this and still be competively priced? Everyone else bid this job as climbing only and taking two days. No bucket access. Climbing only, until the customer was referred to the most advanced tree service in the county;)

I am planning on buying another spider, just waiting for the euro dollar to balance with US dollar. Can't see paying another $40,000 more than I did. If I didn't already have one spider, I might.

And Tree MDS, call me a tree wannabe if you'd like, but I climb, run a spider, a bucket and can bet you will run circles around just about anyone, because I pack more tools and know how to use them for optimum production. Do you say mechanics are wannabe's because they no longer put lugnuts on with a wrench, but instead use an air gun? The goal to being in business is profit. Doesn't matter how you get your profit. Long as you are practicing honest clean arboriculture and the more efficiently you do this, the more sucessful you will be.
Climbing can be fun but if i have choice between bucket truck and climbing.Of course its going to be bucket.

John, just for the record I was'nt calling you a wannabe or even refering to you at all, just venting some frustration with some people in this biz, thats all. Very touchy there, not to worry, I was'nt calling you a bucket queen or anything :)

There are some things you can speed up on the older models. I installed a upgrade on the turret rotation. The difference went from 2:45 seconds stock to 54 seconds after upgrade to do a full 360 rotation. Made a huge difference when piecing out over buildings. I have some pictures I'll try and post in the next few days.

Problem

Dont get one....SLOW SLOW SLOW. Its s slow death running those things. Unless you specialize in hazardous tree removal in back yards where no bucket or crane acess, then forget it. Lots of problems we have had with ours as well. I think it the 23gt, its the 75 footer anyway. Had to send it backl to the manufacturer twice (once was our fault) THe toher time I had to set a rope into a neighboring tree for the operator to get down from the lift. Also seem very flimsy to me..
What is your current situation now? Have you bought, or considered buying another spider lift? Things have changed and others came into the market. Contact me and yiou will be surprised...

Back