Spike's GTG IV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1004132042.jpg

Its a little dark outside, but here is the saw Im hoping to whip my buddies 028 with. If he beats me, Im gonna be very depressed.

Its hard to tell is there a pipe on that saw?

Yes. Do you guys have any little 3 cube racers? He and I are gonna race each other, then I think Im gonna see how bad a stock 550xp can whip me, hahaha. But serious I wouldn't be surprised if it really does. I tried to build a 350 to run him, but didn't get it done in time so had to go back to my old 50 with the closed port top end on it. See you guys tomorrow.

As this will be my first GTG I'm just bringing my old trusty 162SE. Hopefully some of you grizzled veterans will take mercy on me and teach me the proper way to tune her.

Just got home from shop. Threw a carb kit in 064 and it fired right up (bought it as a project saw that needed coil.... Ditched limited coil and changed flywheel to match) Look forward to giving it a try tomorrow! :blob2:

Planning to leave about 7, should get there between 8:30 and 9.:D

Just got home from shop. Threw a carb kit in 064 and it fired right up (bought it as a project saw that needed coil.... Ditched limited coil and changed flywheel to match) Look forward to giving it a try tomorrow! :blob2:

Planning to leave about 7, should get there between 8:30 and 9.:D

Last time you were here, there was 2ft of snow in the back of your truck. :laugh:

We got .2 inches of rain last night here. Nothing happening now except it's pretty foggy out. Some of you guys leaving early will have to take it slow.

Yes. Do you guys have any little 3 cube racers? He and I are gonna race each other, then I think Im gonna see how bad a stock 550xp can whip me, hahaha. But serious I wouldn't be surprised if it really does. I tried to build a 350 to run him, but didn't get it done in time so had to go back to my old 50 with the closed port top end on it. See you guys tomorrow.

Sorry I left the pipe saws home this time

Just having a cup of coffee and checking that I put what I need in the truck. A quick trip past the Donut Man and I'll be heading west.

Hope this place is still hack free so I can see how the gtg went.
Have a good time and seems like the weather is good.:rock:

You should be well into the cutting, eating, BSing etc by now, and it actually is possible to post here so far! :msp_smile:

The "like" system is MIA though, and likely other functions as well, that I haven't notised....

I wasn't able to make it up but did add to my CAD disorder today. Picked up a little Homelite for $2, no spark. With my spares, should be an easy fix.

e3a2u5a8.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

...such a great time was had by all today!! Bob...you outdid yourself once again!! Hospitality and good food and a great bunch of people!! Pics to follow soon!

Got home a little while ago and I had a good time, met some of the guys from the site and got to run some pretty cool saws, and they were all pretty impressive, Mikefunaro's 3120 was a lot of fun and Spike60's ported 562 was a beast, probably a mistake to run it, but I was most impressed with Spencerpaving's ported 460 mag, that thing ripped.

Thanks Bob! Had a great time good food and good people. I was interested in a saw but the boss was interested in the snow blower. So I think the snow blower will be great this winter. Ha Ha! Anyway it was a great deal thanks.

Thank you Bob for hosting such a fine event! Man you got hard wood! ...my ears are still ringing from lees fire breathing megaphone Mac... what?! It was a great time seeing everyone and meeting new faces. Excellent, thanks again! You can tell it was a good time by the truckload of wood chips we made!

Latest posts

Back