Spike's GTG IV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only brought a few saws.

attachment.php

Got 177 Pictures and video to get loaded!

10-05-2013 Spike's GTG 153.jpg

You sure did! Thanks 166! I sure did appreciate you bringing that rotary engined Dolmar and I really liked the little 421 too!

Just home from Bob's... what a great day! Met lots of nice people, played with lots of nice saws, and ate some great food. What more could a guy ask for? Bob, you were a tremendous host and I enjoyed meeting you and seeing your shop. Already planning to be back next year if you'll have me!

I made the mistake of running my first ported saws... Oh. My. God. I am now hooked and will be looking to get at least one of mine ported in the not too distant future. I ran a 562XP modded by tlandrum that was a beast! Tried a Masterminded 390 and 550XP too. Even ran some Stihl's (don't worry, I'm gonna be taking a shower soon ;) ). I didn't try any of Lee's monsters but boy were they impressive. His Mac's looked better than new.

For my first GTG, I had a blast.

Didn't take a lot of photos, but I'll post up what I took.

A BIG thanks to Bob and Warren and the rest of the Ashokan Turf and Timber team for hosting. Was a really well organized and run event!

The last pic was about 3/4 of the chips produced today. Ran out of room in truck before it was all gone!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Top notch GTG as always. Big thanks to Bob and everyone else at Ashokan Turf and Timber.

Just to give everyone an idea of how many saws were there (and this wasn't even all of them)

7WeyLrR.jpg

That was a fun day!!! Made an awful lot of wood chips, didn't we?

Thanks for everyone who made the trip. Apologies to anyone I didn't have time to visit with. Just too many of ya! :cool2:

I'm looking forward to Eric's pulled pork. :msp_smile:
That pork was fantastic! All the food was great, and plenty of it. Looked like you were hooked on the chili though. Glad I won't be near you tomorrow! ;)

Had a GREAT GTG at Spike's today. Was there just after 8, left at 1:30, and boy, it was fun.

Where to Start, but Donuts of coarse !

We had all the bases cover, from the Big Guns

To the Chrome class, Brought by Leeha :)

Bob, thanks for the good time. Your buddy Ralph, he was a blast! I could talk to that old timer for hours. Had a great time, my ears are still ringing from Lee's saw. I was playing with that tiny electric toy dolmar when all of a sudden I couldn't hear anymore, looked up and found myself on the wrong end of that Yellow beasts megaphone exhaust. Wow, Lee has SOME COLLECTION, he is the nicest guy too, let me and anyone else run them. Bob, tell Warren and Tom thanks a ton for putting up with us and helping you put on a A+ show.

Can't wait for next year!

Attachments

• IMG_20131005_190413.jpg
    IMG_20131005_190413.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 26
Back