Splicing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot. I am not an expert, but I am getting fairly good at dbl braids, 12 strand, and 3 strand. 16strand is next for me.

Search the threads, there is LOTS of insight, tips, and commentary.

My favorite is Moray, who destructively tests his splices (and some knots) with his homemade dynamic tester. He gives really nice reports to us about what makes the splice stronger, weaker, etc, and he reports the final breaking strength.

Shoot. I am not an expert, but I am getting fairly good at dbl braids, 12 strand, and 3 strand. 16strand is next for me.

I'm not either and I am not doing to bad myself.If you are intrested there is a splicing symposium being in PA at Longwood gardens its being put on by Ropes and Knots out of Ohio.Supposed to be one of the best classes going out there.Might want to check it out seats are going fast.

Search the threads, there is LOTS of insight, tips, and commentary.

My favorite is Moray, who destructively tests his splices (and some knots) with his homemade dynamic tester. He gives really nice reports to us about what makes the splice stronger, weaker, etc, and he reports the final breaking strength.

Thanks I'll be sure to look that one up.

I've been splicing my flip-lines and eye slings for quite a while. Double braid splices aren't very difficult. Been splicing 3 strand for about 30 years.

I've been splicing my flip-lines and eye slings for quite a while. Double braid splices aren't very difficult. Been splicing 3 strand for about 30 years.

Same here I just like trying new items 3 braid dosent work well with newer rope grabs or prusik's.

Back