Spliter Wedges

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Doug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am building a spliter to go on a skid steer. I started with a 4x6 tube 1/4" wall then i made a butt plate out of 1 1/2 plate welded to a 3 1/2 heavy wall pipe that is in side main tube runing the length of it. I didnt know if the 4x6 would hold up.The wedge slide will go all around the 4x6. I want to turn my cylinder on its side so the hoses will come out the side. My cylinder is the kind that has pipe ends that take 1 1/2 pins. Will it make a diffrents the cylinder on its side like this ? I am also going to stand the wedge end of the cylinders pin up and down in order to make the wedge not so wide. Also i need to see a close up of some wedges. The spliter is one that will split wood on the ground.

Cylinder can go in whatever direction. Could also run it with ports facing up and use hoses with a 90* sweep.

I don't understand what your asking about the wedge.

I just wondered if the cylinder was on its side in a hard push it would flex side ways instead of up or down because thats the way it could move. I wanted to see some wedges because my bubby rebuilt his because his wedge was mounted up on the slide he moved it so it was down in front of the slide.

If the ports faced up the cylinder would be several inches from the beam.

Latest posts

Back