Splitter Mods New Tonnage Rating?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a tip, I see youve got your return bushed down to 1/2, then back up to 3/4 into your filter. Your splitter will be better off if you remove those bushings, and connect your filter with a 3/4 nipple. Reducing the amount of restriction on the return side will help keep heat under control. Especially now that you are moving more fluid. I cant tell on the other side of your filter, but having that 3/4 helps too.

I dont think you can adjust the relief on that valve. If it has a detent on the return stroke, that cover on the back being held on buy two bolts is the adjustment for what pressure it kicks the valve back to neutral.

More than likely the relief is set around 2250 psi.
Id be willing to wager that your cylinder is rated at 2500, which is pretty standard for most log splitters. You may want to contact the manufacturer and give them the serial number, Im sure you could get all the specs about the model you have.

I"m in line with CF so far. I don't see another cap or plug like I thought I would. I do believe he is exactly correct on the detent relief under the large cap on end, it's just like mine. Take a careful look around vavle and see if there are any other caps/ plugs to access internals. If any, maybe another photo. There will be a relief somewhere. Not all are supposed to be adjusted. They are set internally with shims, whatever. They are still doable, just harder to get at. Do NOT go over safe hose/cylinder pressure.

Ombesb said:
I"m in line with CF so far. I don't see another cap or plug like I thought I would. I do believe he is exactly correct on the detent relief under the large cap on end, it's just like mine. Take a careful look around vavle and see if there are any other caps/ plugs to access internals. If any, maybe another photo. There will be a relief somewhere. Not all are supposed to be adjusted. They are set internally with shims, whatever. They are still doable, just harder to get at. Do NOT go over safe hose/cylinder pressure.

Very important.....DO NOT go over the safe pressure of your cylinder fittings, or hoses.

Nasty things can happen.

Back