Splitter Plans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get splitter plans. I have access to hyd. cylinders of all sizes and a 10 hp tec.

no, and what is the point?

First, fire up the handy dandy "search" feature of this website.
There is a wealth of information on fella's who have "been there, done that".

Bottom line is that, if the engine is free, and the cylinder is free, and heavy iron is really cheap, and you can weld for free... You can just about break even on the deal.

The basic reason people build their own (go find pix of mine) is to do it your way. Plus bragging rights.

It ain't easy, cheap, or that simple. :buttkick:

-Pat

Patrick is right....

The basic design is pretty standard. Unless you are doing something like building a self propelled splitter (which someone went through here at AS) then build it however you want.

Dont skimp on your beam. Thats about the most important piece of advice I can offer. If you cant scrounge one up thats sufficent on its own, theres nothing wrong with gussets.

Ditto,

Not to discourage you but unless you are looking at a fully optioned splitter like a Timberwolf TW-5 or TW-7, you can buy for cheaper. If you are looking to build something unique like the table style vertical splitters that a couple guys on here have built then go for it.

For a standard hor/vert. splitter with a 5-6 hp motor 11 gpm pump and 4-5" cylinder you will be hard pressed to build cheaper.

Good luck and if you decide to build be sure to post pics.

Don

if you have the parts, build it yourself. it's fun and challenging and when it's done you have something to brag about.

the guys are right....use the search engine here. there have been many discussions and pictures posted of splitters where you can get ideas from.

Thanks for all your help. I took your advice and did a search and your right! alot of info. I have a splitter but its giving me problems and seeing as i have access to all the Ibeams, cylinders, and pumps I can that I need, Im still pondering the idea.

you can still ask questions if you decide to build one. i found building one kinda fun and challenging, but i got alot of info off of this forum.

Thanks for all your help. I took your advice and did a search and your right! alot of info. I have a splitter but its giving me problems and seeing as i have access to all the Ibeams, cylinders, and pumps I can that I need, Im still pondering the idea.

Im looking for a 5" by 24"-36" cylinder if you got one cheap.....thanks alot

(pm me)

MS310 I will check at work to see if we have one around somewhere. We have about 4200 cylinders so it is possible we have that size.

Back