Splitting job finally over (WOOHOO)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YarraValleyDude

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought i'd post a few pics of a recent 3 day splitting/cutting job i just completed.
Man am i glad its over, its not much fun on your own working with 36"+ logs and rounds.
At least the surroundings were very pleasant.

I'm still not done yet, i have another 5 big trees to drop and split so could be another 3 days of torture atleast, but it won't happen till next week at earliest, my back needs some R+R.

Customers house, mansion would be a better description, glad i ain't paying the bills on that sucker.
IMG_3234.jpg

Roughly 60m3 in those 4 piles
IMG_3238.jpg

Big ugly wood.
IMG_3241.jpg

40" round.No problem for the small winch.
IMG_3237.jpg

40" round in half.
IMG_3243.jpg

One from the otherside.
IMG_3240.jpg

Nice wood, what species is it?
Nice house, wish I could afford even the landscaping bills!:cheers:

Nice wood, what species is it?
Nice house, wish I could afford even the landscaping bills!:cheers:

I'm not to sure on the exact species of Eucylyptus, I'm still waiting for the flowers to show, so should know in a week or two. I can tell you its bloody heavy, but splits fairly easily though.

Yes that house is something else, i guesstimate its on 50-60 acres, would of cost over $2,000,000 to build and that proprty in that area would be worth in excess of $10,000,000.
Id hate to think how much they spent just putting in the Cypress wind breaks which line most paddocks.
The surgeon that owns it has his own chopper to get to work.
Basically its a disgusting display of wealth and is home to a family of four:dizzy:
What a customer to have though, no worries about getting paid here.Lol

You need to keep that customer happy. :cheers:

So do they actually burn wood? Or just like to have some peasants working the estate:)
I used to work for a doctor when I was a teenager, who did his own firewood just for fun and the exercise and an excuse to have a tractor. He had a bad leg so I'd go up and down into the tractor to drive it and drag the cable for the winch to the logs. He liked to fall and buck at the landing with his 272.
He started my CAD early...

big place, tell us about the splitter

I built the splitter roughly 12 months ago, mostly from recycled farm yard scrap.
Its powered by an 11HP chonda engine, Cross 17Gal 2 stage pump, detent return and 20 ton 4" ram. 12V charging system.
The loglift lifts via a small 12V 3ton remote controll ATV winch and its got a 4way knife too that adjusts in 1/2" increments.
Thats pretty much it for the splitter, its been very reliable and gets used most days.

You need to keep that customer happy. :cheers:

Yes indeed, is going to be a great customer.

So do they actually burn wood? Or just like to have some peasants working the estate:)
I used to work for a doctor when I was a teenager, who did his own firewood just for fun and the exercise and an excuse to have a tractor. He had a bad leg so I'd go up and down into the tractor to drive it and drag the cable for the winch to the logs. He liked to fall and buck at the landing with his 272.
He started my CAD early...

Lol, yes they actually burn wood, however the entire family has issues touching it. you know too dirty, too hard, cant stack, might get a splinter etc etc.
They havn't asked me yet but i get a feeling I'm gonna have to move all that wood and stack it(can't wait:cry:)
Their two teenage sons come and watch for a while, till i start cutting then its too noisy for them......Lol( private school kids :rolleyes:)

Latest posts

Back