sprouts driving me crazy. how do I kill this stump?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mpatch said:
Don't bash me for this one but diesel fuel works very well.

Ha. That's what my brother always says anytime we want to kill anthing in the yard. Think he discovered the wonders of diesel after an accidental killing.

The stump is a little more than 2 ft across. It's 3/4 of the way onto my neighbor's yard, but the part that's sprouting is on our side. Not going to pay for a stump that's not really mine, and she can't afford to have it ground out. She had it cut down because it was growing 1/4 ft away from a powerpole, and was a constant problem in the lines.

I know it seems a little irrational to be bothered so much by it sprouting, but it's the first and last thing I see coming and going from the house, and it looks like crap.

Thanks for all the advice. I think we'll try the tordon or 24d. There's not much near the stum that could be affected, just a viburnum a yard away, and some grass, so it should be ok.

Dixie1 said:
a product called "Sucker Stopper" from the Monteray company works really well. It is a growth hormone that supresses sucker growth. It has worked really well for a pear that had been cut down over two years ago and we kept spraying with round-up and it would sprout back every time. This sucker stopper has seriously worked this time. It is $12.00 for a 22 oz. bottle. pretty cheap.

It works, I get it at Forestry Suppliers.

Latest posts

Back