I need advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramona

Reaction score
My 40 year birch tree is dying and large branches have fallen down. We had to cut it urgently as it was a hazard for humans and animals. There is un ugly stump from the former four branches and many suckers in the ground. What shall we do? Grind the stump and put sod?
Wait for the suckers to grow and produce a new tree?
Remove the stump with its roots?
Thank you

My 40 year birch tree is dying and large branches have fallen down. We had to cut it urgently as it was a hazard for humans and animals. There is un ugly stump from the former four branches and many suckers in the ground. What shall we do? Grind the stump and put sod?
Thank you
Pics?

Thank you

It depends on if you want that tree there again. If you do, then thin out the suckers and wait for it to grow. If not, then grind the stump and put sod down but if you're going to do that, you might as well remove the stump with its roots.

Latest posts

Back