Square ground chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only do it by hand, but I'm sticking with square file. Only problem is if you rock it bad, I may need to find someone with a grinder to fix it.

None of the Stihl shops around here have even sold the chain before, much less sharpen it.

The only advantage I see for round is I can use my 12 V sharpener.

Mac Clover, cut your teeth on a goofy file, that's what I use 90% of the time. It's one heck of a handy tool and real good performance when you get onto it. The good thing is you don't need flat files anymore because it does everythingst.

I only do it by hand, but I'm sticking with square file. Only problem is if you rock it bad, I may need to find someone with a grinder to fix it.

Same here,

I square file some too, application dependent. When it looks like a chain sharpening is going to turn into a major restoration I just throw it on the Tecomec, grind it, and use the chain as a standard round file chisel for the rest of it's useful life.

Take Care

9a24b5db87203aa9eda13398c1094a67.jpg
02e5e6786fcdce8df70a2d11077d0ad6.jpg

Here's my old Pro sharp it seems to do a better job over most grinders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What do guys think of the new simington's......are they good grinders like the silvey's?
They're all good, the main thing is learning how to correctly use them. That being said I like the scroll setup of my pro sharp I feel I have more control of burning the tooth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back