SRT with Hitch Climber and robot.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandandatreeman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else using this system? To me it looks like the best thing since sliced bread. I would like to rope walk like Kevin Bingham did on you tube. Also it looks like you have a lot of options on how you can use that system. I am trying to get the rest of the stuff to rope walk now.

I've used all of the SRT systems and the best one is the TreeFrog. Most efficient and simple and inexpensive. I also bust a mean footlock too.(16sec 50ft)

I use a couple single line techniques that are great for working a tree. I footlock a single line and spike the line with a climbing system with a carabiner and hitchclimber and it can removed from the ground. I have also done it with the treefrog too.

Yes that would be great. I used SRT for the first time yesterday to do some lighting adjustments, and change out a fixture. I like the way it worked. I wouldn't mind learning more, if you stop learning your dead.

I always get completely confused between ropewalking systems and frogwalking systems. I figure whatever gets you there easiest. SRT has a lot of advantages but is a definitly different style of climbing. Working 1:1 forces you to climb the tree more, in dDRT you have the option of pulling yourself upt the rope, bodythrusting. There is not body thrusting really in SRT. In an ideal world though, you plan your tree right so all your work is downhill. You minimize the ups as much as possible, Working the tree SRT eliminates so much gear. At times I miss thinking about various forms of redirects or friction saving devices. I miss the cool tricks involved in isolating your line too. Well, not really. Its been 2 years now SRT and have not missed dDRT enough to actually use it again. The times that I have, I get frustrated quickly with all the line you have to deal with and all the friction you have to think about everywhere. My mind is now too lazy for all of that. SRT is much easier on the brain.

Latest posts

Back