Staghorn Sumac Over-Fertilization

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
I stupidly thought it a good idea to give our Staghorn Sumac tree some seaweed fertilzer during April. Not a lot, just a little. We started worrying a few weeks ago when the leaves stopped growing any bigger than the photo attached.. it also seems that there are more of them, just small and dwarf in comparison to other summers. It is also growing more flowers per branch, when it was always two, this year it seems to be trying to grow three per branch. How can I stop our precious tree from dying??

Attachments

• IMG_2985.JPG
    IMG_2985.JPG
    460 KB · Views: 29
I stupidly thought it a good idea to give our Staghorn Sumac tree some seaweed fertilzer during April. Not a lot, just a little. We started worrying a few weeks ago when the leaves stopped growing any bigger than the photo attached.. it also seems that there are more of them, just small and dwarf in comparison to other summers. It is also growing more flowers per branch, when it was always two, this year it seems to be trying to grow three per branch. How can I stop our precious tree from dying??
U gotta be kiddin right? Here I can't get them to stop growing! Maybe I need to fertilize them lol :cheers:

Back