standing timber

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencerhenry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i am looking at some standing dead lodgepole pine, and green also. i am trying to find any info on prices of timber both on the stump, and delivered. the trees are in an area where i wont be able to get them out longer than 24'. average dbh is approximately 18". are there any house log people out there interested in high quality, low taper lodgepole?

Hi Spencer, the most I ever got for 18" dbh pine was $200/stem. I payed 100$ each tree on the stump. The market may be limited though, so it's best to pay as you play as oppossed to buying it all on spec. If your not bidding on the stuff, make a deal for it as cheap as you can so you can sell competetivly. trucking may kill you unless the end user looks after that or it is figured into the cost of each stem. Selling by scale also works. 500- 800/ thou. comes to mind depending on price and demand. Even at 250/thou. you can make it if you can buy it cheap enough. It all comes down to math. You may be limited by only cutting to 24', as most log builders like 36'-48', unless building post and beam.
Good luck,
John

Spencer, call Log Knowlege in Ft. Collins Colorado they are one of the biggest log home builders in the country. When I worked there they trucked all the wood in from Montana, but maybe they can point you in the right direction

I think it is www.logknowledge.com

Latest posts

Back