Started hauling.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Since I had did 3 over night fires to keep the chill out of ther house and was burning some trash wood (popple) I decided it was time to start bring last winters cutting to the house. First I had to move a big 30' log about 12 inches in diameter. out of the way that was half in the swamp. Just skidded it whole to the house to be cut later. then hooked to thr trailer and went back and got a big load of very well sesoned Ash.

Would have gotten more but I had lawns to mow since the dew had dried up. Will haul more today till the dew burns off my own lawn that needs mowing.

:D Al

I started moving this winters wood into my basement last evening. Forecasting a week of clear weather - now is the time.

I just finished up loading the lean too. Dead ash at the back that has been dead standing for about 6 years.... 2 year seasoned wood at the front. Rough math puts it at just over 12 full cords. I think we will only use half of it per winter which will work out perfectly.

I did my last yard mowing 2 weeks ago. Might do 1 more in a week or so if the leaves don't blow away, but otherwise I'm done.

In a perfect place, one should have to either mow or cut wood, but never at the same time of year :)

I brought about 1/3 cord of spruce to the house from the yard this summer when I emptied out a rack. Idea was to paint that rack (have 2 out of 5 that still need paint). Never had time to do it.

Latest posts

Back