Started the 1st fire of the year tonight! Good to be back! Whats everyone been up to?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Highs in the low 50's this weekend and lows in the upper 30's here in north central Ohio... Time to fire up the wood furnace for the first time! And naturally it's followed by checking in old my old friends on Arboristsite! How did everyones summer go?

I've got a new woodcutter in the family(born this past may!)and just finished up staining some trim for a loooonng overdue kitchen remodel. Kids and a woodlot purchased postponed it a bit. The heat in the basement should help speed up the drying time on the trim!

Heres a few pics to share...feel free to add your own!

First off, my new wood cutter. I should have named him Sawyer! He's giving his best silly cross-eyed look for ya here. Growing like a weed and a good boy...
downsized_0910121016-1.jpg

Next the first flames through the ole Hotblast 1557. Burning some good shoulder season stinky white poplar. bad firewood. I've gotta get the chimney cleaned yet this fall but the kitchens got me tied up for another week or two...
1005121846.jpg

And heres the kitchen progress thus far. Hoping to get the countertop on Monday and then we can cover that ugly old flooring up I've been staring at for 12 years! As you can see the kids(and Mom) are excited...
IMG958128.jpg

Had a number of fires going so far here in Cleveland. Although a few of 'em were more for ambiance than heat. But still ya wanna make sure everything's workin' like it should before the really cold stuff gets here. Welcome back and good lookin' crew ya got there:msp_thumbup:

Love to see families! Our April fools brought us a third bouncing boy. Enjoying a fire at the cabin before a morning bow hunt then the Iowa GTG!

6y8umuda.jpg

amyne2e2.jpg

edyzaba8.jpg

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2

Will have my first fire here tonite,low 50'S all day and mid 30's tonite.I am really anxious to try my system out as I have spent the last few weeks changing and redoing some duct work,.

I'm going to use today to clean and inspect my pipes as well as checking all the smoke and co2 dectectors out.

Well I started the Harmon boiler up this morning. Glad I went with a pressureized type of add on wood burner. Open a couple valves flip a switch and its good to go. No worries about plugged heat exchangers.

We must be brothers from other mothers..........................

Back to burning again, when its cool enough out

firstfire2012002_zps37b31059.jpg

Also got me a new wood splitter since last winter (now 5 mo.)

2012-09-2416_27_21.jpg

And also up to my elbows in a kitchen remodel

DavidApplepickingFall2012003.jpg

The wife came home from work this am a said she was freezing. Gonna be 50ish with rain rolling in shortly. Good thing I brought up a couple wheel barrows of boxelder yesterday. It'll go fast but should make her happy.

Me and the new firewood assistant are off to share a bottle while mom catches a few z's

Went out this morning to get the paper, it was rainy and a mite cool. Forecast was for 50-ish temps and rain. Perfect weather to stay home and rest.

Well, I know what that means. The SheWolf is gonna wake up in a bit and she'll be cold. Best to get a fire going now. I'll get it a-goin', she'll keep it a-goin'. :)

First fire here in NY too. I put a picture on one of the other threads. I like this forum and get motivated to do things when I see others doing them too. That can be tough when working alone. Today I was exercising the 041 prior to the cold sleet, hail and rain. Cut, axe split, hauled and stacked only a face cord but it felt good getting it done before the weather went bad.

First fire here in NY too. I put a picture on one of the other threads. I like this forum and get motivated to do things when I see others doing them too. That can be tough when working alone. Today I was exercising the 041 prior to the cold sleet, hail and rain. Cut, axe split, hauled and stacked only a face cord but it felt good getting it done before the weather went bad.

Nothing like Mother Nature in a bad mood to get you motivated!

Back