Starter model for 1250 chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohio Farmer

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what model and make starter is used on a 1250 Vermeer Chipper with a 236 perkins diesel? The chipper is approximately a 1994. Was also wonderingwhat the fuel capacity is on these chippers. Thanks!!

OHFarmer, Welcome to the site. I don't know the answer to your questionbut.... If you have a bad starter pull it off and take it to your nearest auto parts store (I'd start at a NAPA or other store that carries a lot of industrial parts) They can send it (or refer you) to a rebuilder who can, make it good as new. If you have a 1250 that is missing a starter then I would suggest calling Vermeer for info.

1250 starter

Hello, Thanks for the reply. My starter is missing.I have a starter off a Perkins diesel engine out of a combine. It was a 6cyl perkins. The starter has the right bolt pattern but the bendix nose is too long. Guess I will have to hunt for the right one. Will give Vermeer a call.

Try going to a automotive electrical rebuilder - they might have a nose so you can use the starter you have.

By the way, welcome to the site!

Back