Starting Stihl 028

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fudog

Fudog

ArboristSite Lurker
I am having trouble getting a Stihl 028 to start. When I put the choke on and it finally pops then I move switch to run position and it wont start. Then I put it back on choke and then it took off but was nearly wide open throttle then move the switch to run position and it quits, any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks:chainsaw:

Kenskip1

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.

Fudog,Without more detailed information it is hard to make a definitive diagnosis.I have reason to suspect a cracked gas line and the saw is inhaling air instead of gas.Has this saw ever had a carb kit?Ken

PS, are you anywhere near Phillipi?

Fudog

Fudog

ArboristSite Lurker
Fudog,Without more detailed information it is hard to make a definitive diagnosis.I have reason to suspect a cracked gas line and the saw is inhaling air instead of gas.Has this saw ever had a carb kit?Ken

PS, are you anywhere near Phillipi?

I live in Weirton WV and as far as I know my dad has never done anything to it. I turned the saw on its side to check the gas level and there was some gas that leaked out from somewhere. When it would fire in the choke position it was as if it were almost full throttle and there wasn't any control even when moving the throttle, and as soon as I moved the switch to run position it would quit. This saw ran fine a week ago. Thanks

Latest posts