Steve's bucking jig build (pic heavy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow

:cool2:
For those of you clamoring for video - here goes. I ain't never gonna be a movie star or voiceover guy on Ax Men (thank gawd!), but you get the point.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bo5Fu_JVydg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's the end result. I was off just a little bit, the shortest piece is just under 15 1/2", the longest, just over 16 3/4". I consider that to be an acceptable tolerance.

attachment.php

I need to stop at the hardware store for some handles for dragging/carrying, add some sacrificial wood in the cut areas, then maybe slap some cheap paint on it and call it done.

I find it difficult to believe that 1 1/2" of variance is acceptable in the length of your wood, take pride in what you do, if you're going to the trouble of burning wood it should all be the same exact length. Oh wait it's your wood, good job on the bucking jig, I was just attempting a little humor from the previous marking every round for bucking thread. Have a good day :laugh:

Back