Sthil Crank Seal Puller

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beavers

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
l am looking for Sthil Crankshaft Seal Puller and do not know the part number or price of one, Can l have to order one from a dealer or can l get online?

Thanks

Just wait until the dealer gives you the price..!!

I think they are about $150-$180..if I remember right..??

One from Harbor Freight for ~ $20 will do fine if it's just for occasional use.

Lisle Tools also sells a good one for $21...

You can see the video at...Lisle Corporation
:cheers:
J2F

Great video Brad! Would rep u if I could. It's makes it so easy to deal with seals with the Stihl puller. Worth the money if your going to be working on saws.

I was hoping you'd see this tread and post that video from some time back..

It's definitely super cool perfect product....just sucks at $180-$200 bucks for us 'regulars'..!!
:cheers:
J2F

For that kind of money, my homemade set of corkscrew tapered drill rods that didn't cost anything looks better and better.

Walmart has a 3 pc Tee handle set for for $15.90 online

A slide hammer set is $26 from other sources

Bailey's has several for $15-$20

The Dolmar one is $42 from Bailey's Bailey's - SEAL PULLER PS7900 PC8140

Here's mine on a higher quality saw.....

StihlSealPuller002.jpg

And that was pretty close to dealer cost. Think my guy said he pays almost $140 for them, I paid $155.

Randy I'm thinking that if you could have quality reproductions of this seal puller (with all the different arms) produced, and then sell them for around 50% of the price of the 'genuine article'...........you'd get quite a few takers.:msp_thumbup:

Randy I'm thinking that if you could have quality reproductions of this seal puller (with all the different arms) produced, and then sell them for around 50% of the price of the 'genuine article'...........you'd get quite a few takers.:msp_thumbup:

Probably... but I'm not giving up my puller to be told that I need to order $50,000 to get the deal done! That's where I am on the Husky 55 Closed port cylinder as we speak... got 50K?

And Rory, you been saying that for years now:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Probably... but I'm not giving up my puller to be told that I need to order $50,000 to get the deal done! That's where I am on the Husky 55 Closed port cylinder as we speak... got 50K?

And Rory, you been saying that for years now:hmm3grin2orange:

Was it that way (gotta order $50K worth) with the other cylinders you've had made (or changed)? Not trying to be a smartass....

Was it that way (gotta order $50K worth) with the other cylinders you've had made (or changed)? Not trying to be a smartass....

My shop's time is $65 dollars an hour just to turn on the machines. You have to take into account someone to draw up the puller in a cad system, a machinist to take that cad data of every part and program into the cam system, a machinist to design and build fixtures to hold every part in the assembly, ordering material, tooling, and finally running off one prototype.

Just to build one puller you're easily into a few thousand dollars. Now throw in tertiary processes like heat treating and finishes such as galvanizing the parts and the price really sky rockets to just build one puller.

Your saving grace is volume, that drives the costs down because it spreads the costs of the above out over many parts. Problem with volume is that it costs the buyer quite a bit and now they need inventory space to hold all these pullers. Mass producing parts to reduce costs gets complicated fast.

Now if you know someone with a lathe and a Bridgeport in their garage they may be able to crank out something simple functional an effective without busting your wallet.

Old joke in the manufacturing world is if you want cheap, fast, and quality you only get to pick two. Take your pick. :wink2:

Back