Sthil Shop Has Gone Straight To Hell

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I can solve that problem. We just had our Bush Logged last Winter, Close to 350 Trees were taken out. So far I've cut close to 60 of the tops up.
I've sold 20 tops to the Neighbour, and all I have to do is Limb them, drag them out of the bush, cut them into sections, and use the Loader Tractor, a 38 Horse Power Fordson Dexta, and load them into one of his Roll Off Boxes, and he will take them home and handle it from there.
He is in his 70's, and there is some nasty ruts cut from the Skidder, when they skidded out the logs, and it takes a bit of effort to get around sometimes.
I use my 75 Horse Power Cockshutt 1650 Tractor, which is my biggest tractor, and has a lot of clearance underneath to go in the Bush with, and drag out the Tops.
Right now, the bush is pretty wet, and the ruts have a lot of water in them. I have filled in some of the ruts with Th big tractor, and my 9'- 3 Point Hitch ####. It seems to do a pretty good job of leveling out the ruts, and where I have worked in the ruts already, the bush is drying nicely.
It's not a 4 Wheel Drive Tractor, and has no Cab, but the Power Steering is nice. I got it stuck today in the bush in one of the ruts, and had to get my next biggest Tractor a 65 Horse Power Fordson Super Major, and my Step Son to pull me out. Bruce

Wow, sounds like a pretty big job there. Them ruts can cause some tuff work for sure. Hoss has dibbs to a farm up on the mountain top not too far from here. His buddy that runs the place is about due to get his firewood for the winter. We intend on going upthere and give the saws a workout. Some good size trees on that place. His buddy gets his firewood, we get to play with the saws...

Wow, sounds like a pretty big job there. Them ruts can cause some tuff work for sure. Hoss has dibbs to a farm up on the mountain top not too far from here. His buddy that runs the place is about due to get his firewood for the winter. We intend on going upthere and give the saws a workout. Some good size trees on that place. His buddy gets his firewood, we get to play with the saws...

Also a lot of that wood gets milled on the granberg mill and he turns out some very nice furniture.

Have lots of fun Fellas. if you have a chance, take lots of pictures. It would be neet to see those big saws in action. Bruce.

Tom, I've got to ask, do they give you horse shat pills at those Stihl tech schools, or do you use your own recipe? :cheers: :)

Tom, I've got to ask, do they give you horse shat pills at those Stihl tech schools, or do you use your own recipe? :cheers: :)

I doubt that, but a little hypnotic therapy being taught in the class schedule wouldn't suprise me. I mean a fella's gotta sell saws somehow, right?

Reminds me, what did you give for that big 750 Hoss??

I gave a rebuilt 028, a homelite xl2 tophandle that needed a carb rebuild and a prybar. A pretty good deal considering he wanted $750.00 for it on ebay. I guess that he thought it was more convenient to deal with me since he only lives 20 min. form me. He actually lives in the town were I was raised. The 36" bar was a new gb with a new chain but I guess it had some kind of nasty sap dried on it so I stripped the paint on my wire wheel. He also threw in another new chain in the box. Unfortunately both chains are semi chisel, wich I am not too fond of, but i'm not complaining.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back