Sticky trigger/stays wide open

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tg_weaver

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So my saw started sticking tonight. When you pull the throttle back it stays on and you have to let go and then tap it a few times before the throttle lets go and it drops to an idle. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Throttle return spring on the carb is broken or debris is preventing the trigger from returning to neutral?

If you have messed with the throttle plate recently,
it may be off center just a hair.
Take off the air filter and cover and work the throttle, and find out where it is sticking. (With the saw not running, of course.}

So my saw started sticking tonight. When you pull the throttle back it stays on and you have to let go and then tap it a few times before the throttle lets go and it drops to an idle. Any ideas?

Is this a hand type manual saw and is it a crosscut, rip or key hole saw and did you get it from wal-mart, tru value, home depot or maybe lowes? Is it out of warranty?
Need little more info about your sticky trigger finger?

If you have messed with the throttle plate recently,
it may be off center just a hair.
Take off the air filter and cover and work the throttle, and find out where it is sticking. (With the saw not running, of course.}
No i have not messed with anything in there.

Is this a hand type manual saw and is it a crosscut, rip or key hole saw and did you get it from wal-mart, tru value, home depot or maybe lowes? Is it out of warranty?
Need little more info about your sticky trigger finger?
Stihl 066 flat top red light.

Took off the handle and looked around in there last night. The trigger seemed to be gummed up with a bunch of grim. Cleaned it up. Reassembled it then pulled the trigger and the rod that pulls the throttle fell out inside so took it apart again and then got the call from my wife apparently we had a hot tub date so i dropped everything and ran. But in the process i noticed the vent hose had broken. Think it would be alright to run the saw and see how it does like that?
f7894ca7f3af794223272203bdb497a6.jpg
4d6c45454f4bad4e9e1abbd11e8d023c.jpg
88f275c03be6e70ce4090b7f8e38938e.jpg

I don't see the high idle catch on your master control lever

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

This
8fdd1fb5d6e7afa32b1a20f5ee865ea7.jpg

Yeah i dont see that either. Bit i also didnt see it in the manual? Unless its the red thing in there but thats for the choke and shut off.

Yeah i dont see that either. Bit i also didnt see it in the manual? Unless its the red thing in there but thats for the choke and shut off.

Yes, its red in yours, does it have the high idle catch? The long leg in the middle?

So after futher review i have that listed as a switch shaft part number 11221820902

Is that what you were referring to or something different?

What he’s saying is the red thing has a tab busted off. In the pic he shows, the busted/missing piece is the tab to the right that points down towards the bottom of the page.

Back