Stihl 0 series specs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Cummin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, New to this site I have been searchin for info/chart on the older 0 series saws, cant find anywhere, like which are pro,midrange,homeowner? HP, cc, comparisons to new models, I have 3 ,a 056 magnum 2 got from my dad he has gotten to old to start it, very low homeowner hrs a 028 super purchased from my dad and a 032 av electronic purchased from friend and lookin to purchase a ms 361 would like to know where it falls between these thanks.

Hi, New to this site I have been searchin for info/chart on the older 0 series saws, cant find anywhere, like which are pro,midrange,homeowner? HP, cc, comparisons to new models, I have 3 ,a 056 magnum 2 got from my dad he has gotten to old to start it, very low homeowner hrs a 028 super purchased from my dad and a 032 av electronic purchased from friend and lookin to purchase a ms 361 would like to know where it falls between these thanks.

Without going into too much detail, suffice to say, none of your saws is a lemon!

Thats a nice group of old iron, you have a small bucking saw in the 028, a mid range saw in the 032 and a big daddy in the 056.

I bet the 032 barely has more power than the 028 Super. If you end up getting a new saw this is the one I would hock for something like a used 036 Pro or a new 361 if you want to stay with Stihl.

Keep the saws from the old man forever, then can be rebuilt as many times as you want to

I guess strickly looking at specs and intended purposes the 361 would fit just below the 056 in your line up. 028 and 032 are about the same tier (50cc), the 032 being a previous generation, but the 028 gets my nod for a go to saw here. The 361 is 60cc class, and quite obviously more evolved.....................a pretty good choice for your line up IMO.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back