Stihl 009L

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what kind of saw ? whats the condition ? how much ?
It’s a 009L. It came with a pile of saws I bought and I got it running and found out it won’t oil and the diaphragm is unobtainable. It’s all there except I robbed the bar and chain off of it. It’s been sitting in my barn for over a year but it ran fine when I gave up on it.

Agreed, and neither will my parted out stock. I have often wondered if I could make one of those pump diaphragms in my shop that worked well enough to keep one going a few years. To me, that's better than nothing. 3-D printing might work.
I tried to get a diaphragm from my Dealer, just for a spare ,but NLA. I would bet that Grainger would stock the material for a home made one, if someone wanted to experiment. I would think a hole punch set and a good pair of scissors would do the trick to fab one.

Hi guys,
Does anyone know where i could find some spikes/dogs for a 009L in Australia? or are the screw holes the same spacing as any more modern saws? I'm happy to modify on a grinder if needed..

Thanks

Hey mate. Jumping on this a few years later. Also looking for bumper spike for 009 in Aus. Did you have any luck?

Back