Stihl 011 AV questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trason806

Reaction score
I have an old Stihl 011 AV that was in my father-in-law's shed. I have been using it for a few years just doing small stuff. And some "too big" stuff sometimes. It runs great. But now its time for a new chain. The sprocket looks pretty beat up. So I looked in the manual and it said part number 1120 640 2000. It also says that this is a 6-tooth for 3/8 picco-pitch. But the sprocket on this saw has 7 teeth. It does have picco stamped into it, but i don't see any part numbers. The bar looks to be a 16 inch with these markings: STIHL 3.83 and 3005 000 6313. The chain has 56 drive links. The pitch measures 3/8. The drivers have 3 stamped into them. The cutters have P stamped on them. Some of the connecting links have H 1 stamped on them.
Has the sprocket been changed? Is this the right bar for this saw? Is this the right chain for this bar and sprocket? I would like to get a new sprocket. But I want to make sure it pairs with the bar and chain. Any help would be appreciated.

OK so that is a picco sprocket for 3/8 gauge. Because the sprocket sets the pitch. The bar number is 3005 000 6313. i know the 3005 means the the mounting type, 000 is the country code, what does 6313 mean? also 3.83 is stamped above the 3005 000 6313, what does the 3.83 mean? is this a .050 gauge bar? the chain i have appears to be .050 because of the 3 stamped on the drive links, but it might not be the right chain.

looking at this
https://www.stihldealer.net/Company/WebContent/Content/FileLibrary/SawChainSelection-6.pdf
the only think that looks like it might be right is the 63PMC3-55
does that sound right?

Latest posts

Back