Stihl 011 Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djg james

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm working on getting my third saw running. The 011 was my Dad's that sat for years, then I inherited it. I cleaned the carb and had it running for a short time. It stopped working so I took it to a guy who replaced the spark plug, fuel filter and carb kit, but still couldn't get it running right. So I finally took it to a Stihl service center (farm store). I got bad news. He soaked the dissasemble carb and replaced missing parts, but couldn't get it running either. Says there still must be some pluggage and Stihl doesn't sell a carb for this saw anymore.

So does anyone have a part number for the carb so I can search for an aftermarket one? I'm having trouble locating one so if you have a link for one, that would be great. I'd really like to get this saw running again since it was my Dad's. Plus it's a good limbing saw.

I don`t know the exact differences now. In most cases they were replaced by a newer version. But there can be importand changes too and I can`t say for sure, because of missing technical details, if every carb of these will fit your saw or not. You have to see what you need. It would be good to know what your old carb is.

I have a complete 011 for sale if you're looking for a parts saw. It's in very good shape, I just don't want to spend the time messing with it. After running ported 346s I don't think it'll impress me once completed, but maybe someone can get some use from it.

I finally got the saw back from the Stihl repair shop today. The guy again told me the carb is no longer available from Stihl and that aftermarket carbs are made in China and are junk. I told him the carb on my Stihl MS 170 is stamped with the words 'Stihl' and 'China'. He then said but that's a Stihl carb and that's good. I think he was trying to sell me another saw.

Any way, here is a photo of the carb covers. Any idea if the carb posted by HarleyT is the same (C1s-s1c)?

Also, on the cover on the right, what's the purpose of the adjustment screw?
IMG_9327.JPG

P.S. I hate to pay $50 for a carb that doesn't fit. (when the replacement for my 170 is only $10).

I finally got the saw back from the Stihl repair shop today. The guy again told me the carb is no longer available from Stihl and that aftermarket carbs are made in China and are junk. I told him the carb on my Stihl MS 170 is stamped with the words 'Stihl' and 'China'. He then said but that's a Stihl carb and that's good. I think he was trying to sell me another saw.

Any way, here is a photo of the carb covers. Any idea if the carb posted by HarleyT is the same (C1s-s1c)?

Also, on the cover on the right, what's the purpose of the adjustment screw?
View attachment 821089

P.S. I hate to pay $50 for a carb that doesn't fit. (when the replacement for my 170 is only $10).
It is the stop that sets the idle speed.

Latest posts

Back