Stihl 011 chain sprocket replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatnut258

Reaction score
I checked my chain sprocket and its shot. How difficult is it to remove the clutch and replace the sprocket assembly. Is it avisable to replace the bearing at the same time or does it come with the sprocket unit? My sprocket has seven teeth does anybody have a P/N for the sprocket unit and bearing? I can make a spanner to grab the clutch and snake a rope down the spark plug hole to lock the crank to get the unit off. I believe it is a left hand thread. Anybody that's sure please comment. Any other guidance would be helpful.

Thanks,

Boatnut

Never took the sprocket off on my 011. Don't think it's a real big issue. You should just be able to put a rope in the plug hole; I do it all the time, but don't blame me if you somehow wreck something that way. I'm thinking it might not be lefthand thread; the rotation of the crankshaft would cause a lefthand thread nut to unscrew.

Sorry. Just thought it would be righthand, since it made sense in my mind. Disregard what I said. I should probably get around to replacing the sprocket on mine. :D

yup, just block the piston with a piece of rope, careful not to get it into a port, and unscrew the clutch (to the right).
not completely positive, but I think those (009, 010, 011, 012) all only list one sprocket and bearing, 7 pin for 3/8 picco. shoudn't be hard getting one at the dealer.
-Ralph

Back