stihl 011 oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordtoolin99

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to chaisaws purchasing my first about 4 months ago, a stihl 011. I've had to use it more than expected due to the ice storms we have had in PA this winter. The oiler worked great until the last time I used it. I tore the oiler apart and found the foam filter had deteriorated, I figured some of the pieces got sucked into the pump and it just needed cleaned. So I cleaned it and made another filter out of filter foam and it still doesn't work. I cant figure out what activates the pump or pressurizes it. The diaphram seems in good shape. Any suggestions?

You might want to post that question in the chainsaw forum, you will proably get a lot more views and answers from people. Good luck

It seems like a 100 years since I worked on an 011 oiler.

If memory serves, just a trick, with the oiler apart, spray all the passages and check ball with a good solvent, and start it for just a moment, that may clear the lines if there is blockages or an oil build up in the impulse passage? (Sorry if this don't help, a 100 years is a 100 years)

Last edited:
Back