Stihl 012AV chain oiler and work shop manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cornish Spike

Reaction score
I have a 16 year old Stihl 012AV that has done sterling service and, until the other day, has never let me down. The problem was no oil reaching the chain. I replaced the oil pump and for a short while was back in business, however, after four or five refills the oiler packed up again. I have been told that the pump works off a pulse from the crank and that there may be a problem here. Can anyone shed any light on this? And does anyone have a work shop manual? so I can strip the saw and know what I am looking for and more importantly re-torque the bolts correctly.

I was using the new 012av I recently picked up. And wondering if there is a way to get more oil on the bar with the non adjustable oil pump. Seems it gets oil sometimes when I'm not cutting and then it runs all over the shelf or case. I did notice it plugged easily with wood chips. Had to clear it out half a dozen times. Other than that it runs great.

Sorry for the old thread but it's all I got on a search.....

Back