Stihl 015 stihl safety interlock lever missing spring help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toplink

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am New i live in Australia, I have a Stihl 015L was my dads saw.
Local Stihl guy took apart, said fuel line shot no parts available, gave back in parts, now he has closed up his shop?

I have replaced the fuel line, purchased in the US cost $25, thats ok.
Now found the safety interlock lever is missing the end spring, saw not worth addtional US postage and cost, if i can find one?

Options please? other model springs, what to use to try and make one, tried some flat steel from a drain cleaning gadgit (right thickness but not flexable enough)

Anybody please help

Greg

wow

stuff sure is high in Australia, got a fuel line from stihl dealer here for my 017 it was 5 or 6 dollars ,

Hi the fuel line was from the US only place i could get one, it was $17 plus postage.

Just get to the stage of how much to spend, interlock lever is on ebay in US but they do not show the metal spring that is my problem?

0000 997 0603 is a compression spring sorry, trying to attach pic of requirmentView attachment 202201

It is the metal spring i am missing not available in AUSTRALIA, full item expensive from US small item you would thing cheap, but they rip you of for postage, if you can find the item, ebay has the interlock lever but not spring.

options from other stihl models, or how to mod something?

Last edited:
is that the right spring in the picture toplink? i called my friend at the stihl shop, he said he showed a coil spring,

I needed that same part (interlock lever with molded-in leaf spring) but was told by my Stihl dealer that the part is "NLA". I modified a starter dog coil spring that works fine, and it will still be working after the leaf spring on a new part would have broken off. The original design is faulty, since the flexing of the leaf spring is concentrated at the point where the leaf spring is molded into the plastic lever. Small wonder that the part is "NLA", since so many had to be replaced so soon.

Still after this part 11161801406 lever and spring Help please?

Still after this part 11161801406 lever and spring Help please?

Made my own, works well. Ordered a pack of mixed tension springs of ebay and just re-shaped them. Very cheap and have used them on other projects.

Latest posts

Back