Stihl 020 Carburetor Options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
winchester

winchester

ArboristSite Member
I've got a few Stihl 020's here at the shop that I need carburetors for. All of the Stihl carburetors I've come across are NLA. The Stihl carbs are the Walbro (WA-1D, WA-86D, WT-15A). All of these are NLA. The only option I can seem to find is the Tillotson HU-7, these are on factory backorder until they have enough orders to justify making a batch. Now a Stihl dealer is telling me that a Zama C1Q-S32 will work for the Stihl 020, 020T & MS 200. I'm not so sure due to the fact that the Zama has a choke shaft & the 020 chokes through the air filter.

Anyways, what are you guys doing to remedy this? What carburetors are you all running on these or am I just a dummy for fooling with these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

winchester

winchester

ArboristSite Member
I've also had no luck with 020 carbs, and don't know of a replacement either. Good luck with it.

I'm currently working with what I have. I'm experimenting with a combination 020/031 frankencarburetor to see if I can make it work. I'll keep everyone updated.

I'm hoping for a good replacement though. SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM MY JACKLEG CARBURETOR MANUFACTURING! But I'll do it if I have to:msp_wink:.

wudpirat

wudpirat

ArboristSite Operative
020 Carb options?

I also have a 020 that has carb problems. Any soloutions would be helpfull.

Seems like I'm haveing all kinds of carb problems lately.
Repaired a 024 with a wt 22 carb, and had all manner of problems with a 026 wt194.
Ordered out two K10 rebuild kits.
Fixed the wt 22 OK but come to find out the wt 194 has a short inlet needle and the kit has a long .
Is the K 20 kit the one with the short needle for the wt194?
If the wt 194 carb is bad, may have a roached inlet seat, what options do I have?
Putting a new $75 carb on a free saw doesn't make much sense.

It's not that I need these saws, I have 15 others, but a saw that does not run is just scrap metal...

FREDM
Always lookin to score a free load of wood or a chainsaw

H 2 H

H 2 H

FLASHER
I got lucky then on mine

IMAG0228_zps7c14e10a.jpg

The 020 AV had Tillotson HU-7 and 020 AVP has Walbro WT-15A and I'll I did was put a kit in them

Hunowie

Hunowie

ArboristSite Member
I also got lucky on mine. ^^
But theres one thing trough - will the 020t spur drum floating rim fit 020av?
Cause its a bit worn and will need replacement. I dont care about bearing diameter mutch - can use brass or steel filling to make it fit. Perfect fit would be great trough.

winchester

winchester

ArboristSite Member
I'm pretty sure I've got the solution to this issue. The Tillotson HU-7 came on some Stihl 020 saws that I've run across. I have literally had these little babies on backorder for three years, that's right THREE YEARS. They finally showed up. WHOO HOOO. Peep these jewels.

Attachments

• Tillotson HU-7-1.jpg
    Tillotson HU-7-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • Tillotson HU-7.jpg
    Tillotson HU-7.jpg
    950.2 KB · Views: 30
JJay03

JJay03

ArboristSite Guru
I am hunting for a 020t carb and cant seem to find one. The one on it looks to be a wt-326c or d its hard to make out the number but it does not have a the High side adjustment. All the replacement carbs seem to have what I think they call a snorkel which mine does not. I guess I can always make one of those work but they are also 75 dollars and I am already way over budget on this saw.