Stihl 021 Repair manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
021 manual

Ray,
I'm in need of the IPL and the service manual for the Stihl 021 as well. Thanks in advance!

[email protected]

Thanks again,
Brad

Ray please add my e-mail ([email protected]) to the list for the Stihl 021 IPL and service manual please? I'm in need of replacing my fuel tank - (leaking from a crack) I picked this machine up used and didn't realize the tank had a crack in it. Mighta been ok for the last owner (a kid) but not for me :)

Good to know this is a popular machine! :rock:

New to site

Hello guys, i was reading this post and would very much enjoy a copy of the Stihl manual (repair) for the 021:eek:uttahere2:

Thanks very much

Email is
[email protected]

Really appreciate this and thanks

021 manual

Would very much appreciate repair manual and IPL for Stihl 021. Thanks very much in advance for your time and consideration.
Regards, Jeff

021 manual

Forgot to mention my email is jstout at comcast dot net. Have had the 021 for 12 years and cut many, many cords of wood to heat the house. Bought it to have a light saw to take over from the Lombard Super Lightning. The Lombard was strong, but heavy, and smoked a lot. Never have been able to figure out why it smokes so bad, but it is a very strong saw and cut a lot of wood.

The 021 is adequate for smaller wood, up to a foot or so diameter, but it is a little slow I will admit. The Stihl safety chain is detrimental, and the saw operates so much better with Bailey's 30LP chain, the 3/8" low profile "Woodland Pro" chain, which has no anti-kickback features. It makes the saw take on a whole new personality. I've cut a lot oak and black locust which slows down the little Stihl, but it will sink right through ash or cherry. Putting good chain on this saw makes a very noticeable positive difference.

The 021 cost $230 back in March of 2001, and yes if I had better guidance back then I would have paid a little more (well, quite a bit more) for the 025, but this saw has worked well for us.

Later, I bought a MS210 with easy start for my Dad, who developed a health problem and couldn't pull rope starters. That MS210 EZ cost $280 in November of 2004, which included an extra chain, a carrying case, and a Stihl baseball cap. He enjoyed cutting wood and used the MS210 a lot. Both of these saws are fine to this day and I believe they will last a long time, and will have value well into the future. There are so many fine modern saws to choose from, and no way to (for me) try them all to compare. I hope with good, sharp chain these saws will keep stacking up wood for a long time. My much larger Dolmar saws are in a different category, and it's not fair to compare speed or power, but the little Stihls have been good for us. What a relief picking up the little 021 after using the larger Dolmars.

Just thought I'd describe my experience with these two Stihl saws. As far as comparing saws though, I have to admit when it comes to turning 2-stroke mix into smoke and noise, our old Lombard Super Lightning is an engineering masterpiece.

021 manual

Thanks very much. Hope to use the little Stihls for a long time to come. email; jstout58 at Comcast.net
Jeff

I'd also love to get a copy of the repair manual and IPL. My email is solozeroone at gmail

I've been given an 021 that's been sitting for a few years. Specifically, it looks like I might need to adjust or replace the chain oil pump. And a new bar and chain, as it's consistently cutting at an angle even on small pieces.

I'd also love to get a copy of the repair manual and IPL. My email is solozeroone at gmail

I've been given an 021 that's been sitting for a few years. Specifically, it looks like I might need to adjust or replace the chain oil pump. And a new bar and chain, as it's consistently cutting at an angle even on small pieces.
Sent service manual and an IPL.

I have both a Stihl MS210 and an 025. Of the two, the 025 has 10 more cc and that yields more power. It only weighs about a pound more than the 210. Both are nice little saws and usually very dependable. Beware when opening up the low speed throttle on the 025. If too far open, it will flood very easily. Most of these saws also do not permit adjusting the high-speed set screw. Not sure why.

The 025 also has one more quirk. The fuel line will, in time, crack near the carburetor intake because it bends like a snake. That causes erratic idling and running problems. The carb is usually OK, but the fuel line must be replaced when this happens.

I have also found that a 16" bar and low-profile chain generally works the best for these saws, but I have seen a few 025s outfitted with .325 pitch chain, similar to a Farm Boss, and they pull it OK. To each his own.

i can't find any 021 or even a 025 for that fact wish i could im running a 171 these days but i like all though it has a adjustable carb and flippy caps

Back