Stihl 024 AV carburetor replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawlog1992

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a replacement carb for an old 024. The readable stamp on the original is W 22B J7.

Is the WT 194 a direct replacement?

I am not having much luck finding a Chinese 22B. I run about a 30% success rate on 2 stroke carb rebuilds, and since the kits cost as much as the Chinese carbs, I'd just as soon but a new one on.

Thanks.

Hey mate, quicker, easier and less frustrating throwing your money directly into the bin rather than spend it on a Chinese carb.

You are literally wasting your time...

Get the OEM carb kit and do it properly.

Your OEM carb has been precision made by the number 1 selling chainsaw manufacture in the world. The Chinese replacement has been made cutting every single corner imaginable by people who couldn’t care less if it works or not.

Hey mate, quicker, easier and less frustrating throwing your money directly into the bin rather than spend it on a Chinese carb.

Your OEM carb has been precision made by the number 1 selling chainsaw manufacture in the world. The Chinese replacement has been made cutting every single corner imaginable by people who couldn’t care less if it works or not.
What number 1 chainsaw manufacturer makes their own precision carbs?

It was not allowed for Stihl by the german Bundeskartellamt to buy the complete Zama company. The US Zama Inc. plant was bought by third parties (Siix Corporation und Iida Denki Kogyo Co., Ltd.). These are 2 manufactures of ignition and electronic components in Japan. US Zama Inc. manufactures mostly carburetors for other manufactures of small handheld engines.

Information taken from the 2009 press release.

So stihl has there carbs made by zama group. Which is Chinese. So im saying to you and all other oem is better people, that the Germans are charging you good money, and saying on use oem, and behind the scenes buying Chinese carbs that you could get on Amazon for $23.99 and charging you more for them. Not mad at you, I'm mad at stihl. I just found out and farmertec and stihl are almost the same thing now. Almost, they aren't the same, but they are almost the same. I am sorry, have a good day.

Back