Stihl 024 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walterg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a 024 AV off of eBay.
I've been looking for a clean low hour saw for the right price.
The saw either has a new piston or it's a really low hour saw.
Per description it will only run off a prime. I haven't tested it yet. Its just too hot outside to do much.

Sadly I couldn't find a 024 at the right price.
This one was $150 bin + $25 shipping.
So here are some pics of my 024.
Still have some more cleaning to do.
It did come with a nice Stihl bar and chain.

uploadfromtaptalk1434856726020.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434856741429.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434856749743.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434856759903.jpg

Thanks, guys. I took a few more pics today. Sorry, just crappy smartphone pics.
This is the bar that came with the saw.
Not going to be able to use it till I get the cupped washer, it's missing.
Still more cleaning to do, but looking pretty good so far.
uploadfromtaptalk1434935687829.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434935696724.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434935706781.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434935740211.jpg

Dooooood! And here I don't bother with eBay for the stoopid prices they get. I can't believe You got that for $150! This needs to be posted in the "You Suck" thread!

Very nice. I'd say it is possible to clean the carb and put a kit in it -- you may be on your way to cutting.

I tore the carb down and it needs to be soaked in carb cleaner.
I can't get to my gallon of carb cleaner or most of my tools, until I get the time to clean out my shed/shop.
So I ordered a new carb. The old one will get rebuilt and used as a backup.
Every part on this saw seems to be OEM, no aftermarket parts.
The fuel line, filter, and impulse line look new.
Hopefully the new carb is the only thing the saw needs.

Those 024's are great pro saws, congratulations. I hade seen several go for $150 last year however they were not near that nice. I traded one to another member and have a hedge trimmer attached to one. Very dependable, well bilt saws and a real bargain over the homeowner saws that sell for more. Way nicer than an 025/ms250.

Thanks, I cant wait to give this one a try.
Have you tried the hedge trimmer attachment.?
I knew they existed but never seen one in person.

Carb came today. I installed it, but it didn't want to start. I was one turn out on both screws.
I think I flooded it. Let it set awhile, cleaned the plug and it started.
Still too many pulls.
Once it started, it would start on one pull warm.
Saw sounds great. I cant hear any air leaks.
Hopefully a proper tune and I will be good to go.

I was watching that one and let it go. Glad you got it. I already have 5 024's. Looks like a real nice one at a good price. Thats what caught my eye, super nice. Believe me I have paid more for less. I have a NOS 024, never had fuel in it. A really good saw for age and size.

Latest posts

Back