stihl 024 basket case. ????????????????************########

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received a decent looking OLD 024 in a box, I suspect it may have gotten worn out partially due the the worn out air filter. I think the part number on this oldd one is 1121 120 1602. Cant find that anywhere, but I did see a few 1121 120 1625. I f I remove the tank vent, do you think I can make the 1625 work? Had to buy the wrong parts for a saw in a box. any experience with this ? Or maybe I could possibly put a nylon stocking over it?IMG_2705.jpegIMG_2706.jpegxperience with this?

You can buy flocking kits (though I have never done so personally) from sporting goods stores that are used to make more realistic duck decoys than the painted plastic versions- so it is doable.
Probably cost prohibitive for single filter applications.
Plenty of companies sell spray on adhesive though, great stuff for sagging headlining fabric, craft bags of flocking must be available?
Cheap out option is to cut front and back faces out of the filter material sheet that comes with vacuum cleaner bag replacement packs and hot glue the edges to the filter body.

I just received a decent looking OLD 024 in a box, I suspect it may have gotten worn out partially due the the worn out air filter. I think the part number on this oldd one is 1121 120 1602. Cant find that anywhere, but I did see a few 1121 120 1625. I f I remove the tank vent, do you think I can make the 1625 work? Had to buy the wrong parts for a saw in a box. any experience with this ? Or maybe I could possibly put a nylon stocking over it?View attachment 1137595View attachment 1137596xperience with this?
David. Just spoke with my dealer and gave him the part # from you pic. He said the flocked one is available for about $15. Maybe check locally if you have a good dealer that knows stuff. Good luck.

I just received a decent looking OLD 024 in a box, I suspect it may have gotten worn out partially due the the worn out air filter. I think the part number on this oldd one is 1121 120 1602. Cant find that anywhere, but I did see a few 1121 120 1625. I f I remove the tank vent, do you think I can make the 1625 work? Had to buy the wrong parts for a saw in a box. any experience with this ? Or maybe I could possibly put a nylon stocking over it?View attachment 1137595View attachment 1137596xperience with this?
a member here, suggested using a glue gun around the edges of
the frame using thin felt from a fabric store.I tried it and worked
out great .

Google your part number. I found many of filters the dealers will tell you NLA that way over the years. OEM ones too. ;)

Just did it a again and bought new oem online on a 034 super 90-91 for local saw fix for guy. His flocking gone too.

Did it for a 026 034 in past too. Always turn up most times.

If you dont want to do the flocking like shown. Is a easier option.

Attachments

• s034zz.jpg
    s034zz.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 2
  • s034afoem.jpg
    s034afoem.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back