Stihl 024 convert to 026?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcommercial

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got an 024 off eBay this afternoon; parted down a bit. Piston is scored pretty good so it'll need a new engine. Might want to just do all the seals too...probably going to do the whole thing. I'd like to turn it into an 026, but am not sure if the mounting tabs on the 026 cylinder will match up to it. I've heard before from a few old Stihl mechanics that some would take a 26 jug and some wouldn't. Any ideas? Thoughts/guidance is greatly appreciated!

I've run several 026's and honestly don't think they have much on a good running 024. I bet if you were to run them side by side whichever one has the better chain will cut the fastest.

I was actually looking for an 026 and found a deal on a sweet 024. After running it I don't think I would trade it for an 026. Around here 026's are pretty common but I've only seen a couple 024's. At least to me it's kinda of unique and a neat little saw!

I've run several 026's and honestly don't think they have much on a good running 024. I bet if you were to run them side by side whichever one has the better chain will cut the fastest.

I was actually looking for an 026 and found a deal on a sweet 024. After running it I don't think I would trade it for an 026. Around here 026's are pretty common but I've only seen a couple 024's. At least to me it's kinda of unique and a neat little saw!
Tend to agree. Have a 260 and recently built an 024. Very similar. I am really disapointed in the 260. thought it would be spunkier. I even opened up the muffler .
LOve the 024, though

Back