stihl 025

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned coed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i have got a 025 that seems to be running lean i can.t regulate the tick over to a slow speed and any adjuctments on the jets dont seem to make a lot of diference. when i rev it up it seems to be running lean and im sure its reving past what it should (dont have a taco). also noticed fuel coming up the tank breather tube and leaking out. i dont think this should be happening. is the fuel tank separate from the crankcase. was thinking it might be getting pressurised from the engine. any ideas anyone???. ps did a plug check and it was a very dark grey. but not sooty at all.

I would say your saw has a air leak which is making the mixture leaner hence causing the saw to rev up. I would check all of your bolts for tightness first and then I would do a search on here about pressure tests.

Someone else will probably come around with some more advice.

Good luck and keep us updated.

I refrain from posting here, as "everyone" know how I feel about those saws -

Well, couldn't resist, the bait looked too good - toss it, and get a POS Poulan "wild-thingy".....:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Last edited:
The old design "bubbling" tank vent is normal.

Check you impulse hose is connected at both ends - the crankcase and underneath the carb box.

Latest posts

Back