Stihl 026 Piston/Cyl Replacement Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pioneer, Thanks for checking in and contributing to this thread as well. I appreciate you guys assistance in my efforts to keep my saws going and for helping me with new acquisitions getting back to better condition too.

Pioneer, Thanks for checking in and contributing to this thread as well. I appreciate you guys assistance in my efforts to keep my saws going and for helping me with new acquisitions getting back to better condition too.

Thanks, my prime reason for joining this site was to help others fix their broken saws, I hope I have contributed and assisted others to that end either with information and in some instances provided parts to that end. Pioneer saws were the first ones I used and the model 600 was my first chainsaw, I have owned hundreds of others by now and worked on/fixed many times more over the years. The 026`s are now about my favorite saws for cutting the size of wood present in my local area. I have more than 10 of them cluttering up my storage room.

Bro Pioneer, I am the same way in a number of forums I go to ranging from car ones, to drums and guitars.
I am blown away at your experience with numerous saws. Like I said earlier, I was somehow lucky to have picked an 026 as my first one ever.
of course had I had more money than I grew up with and worked to save up, I would not have minded an 044 and whatever the good climbing/limbing saw was back then in '94 as well. I feel very fortunate to have a 2nd 026 even if it needs a little work on the top end. Saws are peanuts to fix compared to fixin up some things like houses and fancy German cars like BMW's n such.

Back