Stihl 026 refresh ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the push in type compression tester was reading 120 you should have good compression.

When you clean the carb put it in a ultrasonic cleaner. It will get into the tiny passages and get them clean.
Do not blast it with compressed air.
The fuel filter in the tank, fuel line and impulse line should be replaced in that old saw if they have not been replaced in the last few years.

A new carb would only be about 60.00 if you have good compression and spark.

Make sure you have a good seal on the intake and exhaust when doing a press/vac test. Is the impulse line in good shape and attached to the nipple?

DO NOT blast with air ??? I usually do blast the little holes with air : ( I hope that is NOT the issue here ??? Why not blast it with compresses air ?

We are constantly rebuilding snowmobile and chainsaw carbs. Given that I recently was thinking of getting an Ultrasonic cleaner from HF for cleaning carbs. Any suggestions and where to get one reasonably please keep in mind I need it sized to do snowmobile motorcycle sized carbs too ?

I have actually boiled MIC snowmobile carbs in water with success has anyone ever tried it with a chain saw carbs ?

DO NOT blast with air ??? I usually do blast the little holes with air : ( I hope that is NOT the issue here ??? Why not blast it with compresses air ?

We are constantly rebuilding snowmobile and chainsaw carbs. Given that I recently was thinking of getting an Ultrasonic cleaner from HF for cleaning carbs. Any suggestions and where to get one reasonably please keep in mind I need it sized to do snowmobile motorcycle sized carbs too ?

I have actually boiled MIC snowmobile carbs in water with success has anyone ever tried it with a chain saw carbs ?
Apparently it can damage the check valve that's present in some carbs.

It's also apparently safe to use compressed air at 30 psi or less.

Latest posts

Back