Stihl 026 Stock / Ported Comparison Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks......

AS hosted those pics Mike, had I known the damn pics were gone I wouldn'ta bumped this thread.

I was going to bump some of my old threads a few weeks ago and found no threads or no pics in the ones I did find.

Interested to see the pics of what you did to the piston for clearnce on the first page.

These pics are forever gone.

I've been using Photobucket now for quite awhile, but these were uploaded to the site. :(

Too bad about the pics.. but don't give up guys.. I'm now researching to figure out what's the best upgrade for my new found 024 Super which has the 026 stroke.. and I haven't checked the carb model, and if I wanna big-bore this puppy, it's either change to 260 shrouds, or shave a bit off the 2 top cooling fins.. did a plain upgrade of 024S with 260 top-end before, and it's running fine still.. any opinions? Or shall I carry on to search more relevant threads?

B.T.W. , this 024S is very nice, and seems like it has low hours comparing to it's age.. I just wonder what upgrade is best to make it a significantly more powerful work saw with the original carb, or with a 026/260 carb.... hmm...

Latest posts

Back