Stihl 026 Woes...Can't Solve Flooding Problem.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprusgoose

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My ongoing saga continues. I was getting no fuel to the cylinder in my Stihl 026 and managed to troubleshoot it down to a rotted fuel hose and a crispy inlet diaphragm in the carb. I replaced the hose, and then did a carb rebuild. I reassembled the saw with a fresh plug, but now I seem to be getting way too much fuel into the cylinder! The jet screws were set at one turn out each which should at least get 'er going if I understand correctly..? I've since taken the carb back out as I was told that the needle may not be closing properly. I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for. Does anyone have pics they could link to, to help explain? I'm a chainsaw maintenance newbie! I was told to adjust the inlet control lever, but I have no idea how to adjust (conflicting suggestions). Help. :newbie: :bang:

By the way, frustration hit after a few days of trying to figure this out, so its been about 2 weeks since I've looked at it until today. Still no luck.

http://www.aerocorsair.com/id28.htm - You need to hook up a pressure gauge as shown in the pic. There should be no leak down from 8 - 10 psi. Put a couple drops of solvent around the needle once the pressures applyed & look for bubbles. You probably just left some dirt there . Carb cleen berrymans LoL Wile your in there might as well see where the pop off pressure is to boot.

The diaphragm/gaskets are installed in the right order - they were taken apart, set it in order and re-assembled the exact same way. I also checked using an ipl. I suppose the pressure tester is something I'll have to pick up from a service shop? ugh. Carbs are stupid. :D

I think I'm officially done experimenting. I've done everything within my ability to this point I think. Nothing seems to solve the problem. I re-adusted the inlet control lever, and its still flooding to the point where fuel is blowing out the exhaust. Maybe the friend that gave this thing to me is playing a joke on me :chainsaw: Anyway, I'm at my wits end. She's going into the shop tomorrow I think. I appreciate everyone's help. This board is one of the better ones I've used. Thanks. :clap:

Latest posts

Back