• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DexterDay

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a Stihl 026 I got recently. It runs, idles, and cuts great. Have to many projects, so I am getting rid of some of them.

The saw has just over 150 psi compression, and a couple small flaws in the plastic. The only major problem, is the either the choke inside the filter is not closing enough, the selector switch (choke/on/off) isn't pushing the choke lever up enough, or the carb just needs cleaned and adjusted? Not positive, but won't start on its own? Once running, it runs great.

Selling for $175 shipped. Pics show plastics condition and also the condition of piston and cyl.

Easy fix for someone with time. I have acquired a lot of projects recently and the wife now has me remodeling the basement (ugh) so the bench needs cleared.

Some pics of saw, piston/rings, and compression (and plastic damage)

Thanks for looking

(Edit: has the Walboro 194 carb on it. And no muff mod done. Still stock)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Latest posts

Back