Stihl 028 AV Super - Help needed Plz

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zolo. I've encountered a similar situation to this. Your pics were a real help. Just bought a second hand 028avs. My circuit breaker wire is there but disconnected (I'm sure I can fix that). But my ground wire (green/yellow) is missing altogether. Obviously one end of the ground wire screws onto the spring as shown in your pics. Where does the other end fix to? Can you picture me when you're next under the hood? Cheers. Steve.
It goes to ground here...

ground.jpg

It goes to ground here...

View attachment 787295
HarleyT thanks for the lightening response. A picture paints a thousand words. Now I'm with it. Cheers. Can I pick your brain one more time? My spark plug boot is missing. The connection to the spark plug is from a bare tension spring (no boot cover). Maybe cos ignition lead was too short and with boot it wouldn't stretch to plug? I'll never know! Wondering if I just buy a new length of ignition wire (and new boot) whether the connection at the coil end is an easy one (the current coil is still good) or whether the job will require a complete new ignition module /coil? Best regards and wishes. Steve.

No, the ignition wire just threads onto a spiral spike, just rotate it to the left, and it will come off.
Cheers HT. As it turned out the ignition wire was long enough as it was to fit a new boot and reach the plug. Still, I now know what to do if that's not the case in future. Have a great day. Steve.

Back