Stihl 028 WB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Campower

Reaction score
Clearing out my Gradfathers Barn, found a Stihl 029 WB in the hard orange case in very good condition.

Drained the gas and filled the oil and it took right off. It doesn't have the Break so I'm assuming this is an older model.

Only thing was when I went to shut it off the kill switch wouldn't shut it down so I had to pull the plug wire.

Any advice on getting the switch to work?

We're these a respectable saw?

Clearing out my Gradfathers Barn, found a Stihl 029 WB in the hard orange case in very good condition.

Drained the gas and filled the oil and it took right off. It doesn't have the Break so I'm assuming this is an older model.

Only thing was when I went to shut it off the kill switch wouldn't shut it down so I had to pull the plug wire.

Any advice on getting the switch to work?

We're these a respectable saw?

I assume it's 028 not 029 (typo).

Yes decent saws. Heavy but very durable. If it's no chain brake it's the earliest model with 42mm bore, probably points ignition?

The master control switch takes a short ciricut wire from the coil/points, which sort of plugs into the the throttle crossshaft. In the off position the short ciricut wire is grounded by contact with a spring, the spring connected to a 2nd ground wire which is held in place with the screw for the spring.

The springs themselves can get bent/out of shape. Take a multimeter and check ground wire/spring to cylinder, and continuity of other wire to coil/points.

Attachments

• STIHL 028, 038 Service Manual copy.pdf
    13.6 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back