Stihl 030, 031, 032 compatability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTboy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am Homesteader and knowleadgable forager.
Hi there folks, got some questions about the 030-032 model saws. I have an 032 that is my main runner and have an 032 for parts. I am looking for more of these saws, running or not, to try an build one or two more complete saws. Between me and my dad i figure we need about three saws, also using this as an opportunity to learn how to build/work on saws.

What are the differences between the three models? Is the 030 compatable at all with 031/032? Can top end parts be interchanged? Ignitions? Anything else? Thanks yall.

Hi there folks, got some questions about the 030-032 model saws. I have an 032 that is my main runner and have an 032 for parts. I am looking for more of these saws, running or not, to try an build one or two more complete saws. Between me and my dad i figure we need about three saws, also using this as an opportunity to learn how to build/work on saws.

What are the differences between the three models? Is the 030 compatable at all with 031/032? Can top end parts be interchanged? Ignitions? Anything else? Thanks yall.

You should post in the "Beg for Manuals" thread that you need the IPLs for these saws. The 030 is roughly equivalent
to the 031, but the big differences are between the 030/031 & the 032 series saws, as follows:

Yes on the cranks, top ends, intake boots, filters, clutches, dawgs, brakes, bars, chains. Carbs will swap back & forth too.

No on the ignitions, flywheels, cases, case covers, starters & coils. Even the points changed part numbers!

Back