Stihl 032

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna file the serious burr along the old 16 in. bar today, and try adjusting the idle down so to stop the chain spinning. Had fun cutting some downed pine off their root wads. (See above post with links to photos).

I just might try to talk the old man out of the saw, along with his WWII Mauser battlefield trophy.

Little aside here:

I want to bag an elk or deer with it to expiate the dead-guy spirits. My uncle picked it up off the battle field at Ramagen, and gave it to my dad (He was in Korea later); it is a bit battered and definitely saw some action. It has only been fired once since 1945 to kill a skunk, and has been in my Dad's closet with a sock over the barrel ever since. Uses 8 mm shells; still has the "ladder" type iron sight marked with distances that you raise with a knob, the heavy brass "skull crusher" butt plate, and the folding bayonette. Stamped 1942.

Of course, it would be easier to just buy a new rifle or modify this one, but I aim on using it stock. Cutting the stock shorter, removing the bayonette and mount, and replacing the sight with a scope would lighten it and make it easier to use, but then it wouldn't be the same. I have also heard that there is a significant loss in collector value.
Yeah, I have one of those Chech Mauser 98s which I bought off a friend. It has the SS markings on it. I've shot it a few times, definitely quieter than the Hakim 8mm that I used to have.

Here's a sweet little 032:
20170112_171119_zpsvanm7bz1.jpg
20170112_171114_zpsvr0ihfne.jpg
Yours is cleaner than mine.

Good old saws if you can keep a good coil on them.

Latest posts

Back