Stihl 034 AV Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodshop

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi folks, this is my first post. Found this forum accidentally in a google search, wish I had known about this place years ago. I inherited a Stihl 034 AV Super with a 20 inch bar and tried to find out more about it. Nothing on the official Stihl website, and a google search gets me couple of ebay sites and plenty of German sites. Was this saw marketed mostly in Europe and a few got to the states, this being one of them? Manual says it has a 61cc engine. That's actually a few cc's MORE than my MS361 which I thought was the stepchild of the 036. Seems to have as much power as my 361, and on my Ripsaw mini-mill it pulled through knotty oak log just as well as the 361. Anybody know anything about this 034 that's slightly bigger than an 036?

Welcome to site, 034 is an older Stihl saw before 036 and now the 361. There are lots of them still around, most parts will swap between 034/036. I am pretty sure the super and pro model have a little larger piston than the original 034. I have several of each and am happy with them as a mid-range saw. As for specs check this out. http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...8fa4a3b726ab873b88256dee005ce6a9?OpenDocument

chainsaw site

Thanks for the info Dadatwins, but now ya did it, another extremely interesting site to spend time surfing <smile>. I love that site, I even found my old Wizard 17 I used to cut umteen cords of firewood with when I was working a Franklin feller-buncher for a paper company. The pine was valuable, the small hardwoods just got in the way, so at the end of the day I would clip off a few choice 8" oaks and carry back to the yard, cut it up with my Wizard and throw it in my pickup. I would deliver it and even STACK it for $55 a cord and I was happy to get that kind of money for only 2-3 hours work.

I bet there's not too many guys selling firewood who ever got to use a feller-buncher to get their logs! That's a cool way to get a few bucks on the side.

perk

true Rmihalek, I definatly had an "edge" (no pun intended) on my competition back then. But as I said, the hardwoods were worth peanuts compared to the virginia pine and the foreman had no problem with me grabbing an armfull (2-3 trees firewood size) on my way back to the yard. I could lay them down right next to my truck. Gosh, that was almost cheating now that I look back on it wasn't it ? <smile>

Latest posts

Back