• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 038 crankcase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustcollector1966

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for a good crankcase for a stihl 038 mag or super. I have lots of old saws if your might be needing any parts.

I’ve got a super 2 it’s a complete saw. I does have a slight running issue basically it smokes out of the exhaust. Starts and runs but won’t idle very long. Basically screaming carb rebuild time. I originally suspected the case gasket was letting it suck bar oil but the hive mind here thinks it’s most likely the carb. What I’m after is parts for the holy grail if sthil saws. The early model 066 magnum non decomp flat top with the aluminum flywheel. I have 2. I need a cylinder for one of them but if you’ve got anything else for that specific saw or a parts sawim definitely interested I could use a gas tank assembly also. The one that needs the cylinder got knocked off a stump and when that happened one of the three pieces that supports the air filter and back cover broke. Got sucked into the engine the next time the guy I let touch it started it

Back