• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 038 Magnum Back on the self.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big dawgs, full wrap handle, long bar on a large CC saw to handle the large diameter "West Coast" timber that you won't find in the Midwest or East coast.
You tell’em brother. A 28” bar is too short for the woods around here. But it does make a very nice firewood saw and it balances out this particular model quite well. About the shortest anybody would use around here would be a 32. Mostly 36.

I might have an extra carb. I have a muffler but it has a fracture. You would have to braise it.

Please let me know. Definitely need the carb. Brazing the muffler is no problem.

BTW - I'm finishing up my 038 Magnum. Definitely going to get some west coast dogs for it. I also picked up a NOS tank for it - expensive! Anyway, it should run pretty good with a muffler mod, timing advance, and gasket delete. Also went with the full wrap. I'm afraid to add up what I have invested in it but I would have to get at least 2x what you sold yours for to break even...

Please let me know. Definitely need the carb. Brazing the muffler is no problem.

BTW - I'm finishing up my 038 Magnum. Definitely going to get some west coast dogs for it. I also picked up a NOS tank for it - expensive! Anyway, it should run pretty good with a muffler mod, timing advance, and gasket delete. Also went with the full wrap. I'm afraid to add up what I have invested in it but I would have to get at least 2x what you sold yours for to break even...
I didn’t sell it I just put it on the self.

Back