• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 038 Magnum II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Nation

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an 038 Mag II that I bought recently with the intention of keeping it for myself but have since found a MS460 to rebuild so it's time to sell the 038 Mag II.

Bought this saw as a parts saw and it really didn't need anything more than a carb kit, starter and minor fuel tank crack repair. The crack is on the bottom of the tank. Scuffed the area, epoxied and reinforced with some sheet metal. Holds just fine. Checked compression and fired it right off with no issues. Everything works as it should. The muffler has been drilled to allow it some more room to breathe despite it being dual ported. Starts and runs with no issues. Handle has some cracks but shouldn't be too much concern. Shown in photos. Appears to be all original Stihl. I did not disassemble this saw to clean it but it's not bad. Again, I'd keep it but I'm rebuilding a 460 to keep for myself. No bar, chain or dawgs included. Saw is complete otherwise.

I'll take $350 plus shipping of your choice. Just shipped an 044C and it cost about $60 with proper packing and insurance. Please let me know if you have questions. IMG_2607.JPG IMG_2608.JPG IMG_2609.JPG IMG_2610.JPG IMG_2611.JPG IMG_2612.JPG IMG_2613.JPG IMG_2614.JPG IMG_2616.JPG

Back